About Seikado Bunko:
Seikado Bunko was founded in 1940, and named after Yanosuke Iwasaki's studio's name. The main collection consists of books, artworks and other cultural treasures collected by Baron Iwasaki Yanosuke and his brother Iwasaki Yataro, and expanded by his son Baron Iwasaki Koyata.
The Seikado Bunko Library holds 200,000 (80,000 in Japanese and 120,000 in Chinese) books donated from Baron Koyota. He also hoped to establish an art museum, which was not opened until 1992 because of World War II. The museum section of Seikado houses 6,500 works of oriental art.