|Facility:||Peabody Essex Museum|
|Address:||East India Square
161 Essex St
Salem, MA 01970
|Hours:||Hours of operation|
Founded in 1799, the Peabody Essex Museum is considered one of the oldest continuously operating museums in the United States. The museum was moved from the founding society's location into a separate building in 1852, which was later enlarged by Moshe Safdie in 2003. Since its founding, the Peabody Essex Museum has collected artifacts from Asia, including China and Japan.
For more information on the Japanese collection, please contact the museum at (978) 745-9500 or via email.
A collection of images from the Peabody Essex Museum's collections. Focuses primarily on items from the Native American collections, but draws from others as well, including the Japanese collection.
Nearly 100 videos exploring the various collections at PEM, including the Japanese collection.