About Fukushima University:
Fukushima University was established in 1949 through the merger of three national colleges in Fukushima City: Fukushima College of Economics, (福島経済専門学校 Fukushima keizai semmon gakkō); Fukushima Normal School (福島師範学校 Fukushima shihan gakkō); and Fukushima Youth Normal School, (福島青年師範学校 Fukushima seinen shihan gakkō).
The university at first consisted of two faculties: the Faculty of Liberal Arts at Hamada-cho Campus and the Faculty of Economics at Moriai Campus.
In 1966 the Faculty of Liberal Arts was renamed the Faculty of Education. These two campuses were integrated and transferred to Kanayagawa Campus in 1979.
Today, Fukushima University consists of four Four faculties: Human Development and Culture; Administration and Social Sciences; Economics and Business Administration; and Symbiotic Systems Science. There are four graduate schools: Education; Public Policy and Regional Administration; Economics; and Symbiotic Systems Science and Technology.