Image Use Protocol Guide
This website is designed to give basic guidance to North American Japanese studies scholars
who seek permissions for the use of Japanese images
particularly in scholarly publications. Read more…
Table of Contents
- Introduction - What this Guide is about.
- Image Use and the Copyright Laws - Explains related copyright laws you should be aware of.
Sample Cases - Sample cases presented with links to equivalent permission request letter template.
Right Holders - Who are right holders and how to contact them.
- Permission Request Templates - Permission request letter templates are collected here with instructions on how to use them.
- Glossary - Japanese-English bilingual glossary of terms.
- Useful Links - Links to Web resources on related topics.
The following funders enabled NCC’s IUP Task Force to carry out its mission. Toshiba International Foundation, Japan Foundation, Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies at Harvard University, Shibusawa Eiichi Memorial Foundation, the Japan-US Friendship Commission, the University of Toronto Libraries, and International House of Japan Library. The Japan-US Friendship Commission’s generous ongoing support of NCC staff makes this and all other NCC programs possible.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License