Skip to main content

Nagasaki University: Institution Main

長崎大学

Overview

About Nagasaki University:

Nagasaki University (長崎大学 Nagasaki daigaku) was established in 1949, however the origin of the university dates back to 1857 when the first Western Medical Training Institute was established.  In 1923, the institute was renamed Nagasaki Medical College (長崎医科大学 Nagasaki ika daigaku). During the Pacific War, the medical college added several institutes including Temporary College of Medicine in 1940 and East Asia Research Institute of Endemic (today's Institute of Tropical Medicine) in 1942. In 1950, Nagasaki Medical College was integrated into Nagasaki University.  Another Institute that joined Nagasaki University was Nagasaki College of Economics. It was founded in 1905 as Nagasaki Higher Commercial School (長崎高等商業学校 Nagasaki kōtō shōgyō gakkō), but it was renamed Nagasaki College of Economics (長崎経済専門学校 Nagasaki keizai senmon gakkō) in 1944.  Eventually, it became Faculty of Economics, Nagasaki University.

The main campus is located in Bunkyo-machi, Nagasaki City, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan.

Institution

Institution: Nagasaki University
Founded: 1949
Type: National University
Location: Nagasaki, Nagasaki

Resources & Facilities

North American Coordinating Council on Japanese Library Resources
北米日本研究資料調整協議会
Copyright 2017
Contact the Webmaster