|Facility:||Stanford University Cantor Arts Center|
|Address:||328 Lomita Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
|Hours:||Hours of Operation|
Founded in 1891 as the Leland Stanford Jr. Museum, the Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Arts Center has survived several natural disasters and periods of neglect. The museum welcomed its one millionth visitor in July 2005, six years after reopening with its current name.
For more information concerning the Japanese collections, please contact Caitlin Johnson at (650) 721-9265 or by email.
Collection size: as of October 2014
The Cantor Arts Museum's permanent collection is comprised of approximately 40,000 items. Of these, 5,000 objects are held within the Asian collections, with 1,400 objects in the Japanese collection alone. Objects date from 3000 BCE to the late twentieth century.
Online catalog: cantorcollections.stanford.edu/
Access to the museum is free to the public. Pets, smoking, and food and drink are prohibited within the galleries. Only photography for non-commercial use is allowed; all other photography requests must be sent to Public Relations Office. For more information, please see the museum's photography policy.
The museum requests that all rights or reproduction requests be sent to the Visual Resources and Rights Specialist. For more information, please visit their Rights and Reproductions Information page.